/*

Hello! Skin Care Routine #1

01:37

Welcome to my fashion and beauty blog! It's my first try at this sort of thing so please forgive me for any mistakes! For my first ever post, I want to talk about skincare products that are amazing for your skin.



The dewy and glowing skin of Korean ladies (like the super gorgeous Seohyun orz) is the envy of all women around the world. Just how do they achieve it? Well it's said that some dedicated Korean women use around 15 different products a week.

I don't even have 15 different korean skin products uwu;;
This is the steps you're meant to go through in a typical Korean skincare routine:
Morning : Cleanser > Toner > Serums > Eye Cream > Emulsion > Day Cream > Suncream
Night : Oil cleanser or Milk cleanser > Foam Cleanser > Toner > Serums > Eye cream > Night Cream > Night Pack
However, since I have oily skin I can't use too many moisturising products which will clog my pores and make my face shine like an oily sun. So I skip the emuIlsion in the morning and heavy night cream at night. 

1. Cleansers

Innisfree olive real cleansing oil


I use this cleansing oil to dissolve my makeup before I use my other cleanser! I would recommend this one over L'Oreal Micellar Water because it feels much more moisturising and cleanses the skin of makeup better. When I wipe my face with toner after using the Micellar water, some bb cream still comes off but with the cleansing oil, it's completely clean! I bought mine from eBay.

28 Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser


I love love love this cleanser! I think I got it from Memebox's Luckybox, started using it when I was travelling somewhere and have never looked back since. My pores have become much more minimised and I've rarely gotten any spots after using this. It doesn't strip too much oil from my face which is good, since my skin overcompensates by producing way too much oil if it's dry. A++! The only downside is that you have to buy it from Memebox.com, but it's on sale right now so go grab it!

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution

I only tend to use this when I come back late and I'm feeling extremely lazy. Just swipe it on a cotton pad and go, and it's better than makeup wipes which just shift your makeup around your face. It's not a substitute for a real cleanser however, so I definitely use my 28 Remedy cleanser after it.

Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

Since my eyelids are super oily, I layer on Urban Decay Primer Potion and lots of waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. Taking this off with Micellar solution is impossible though, so that's where Shiseido Eye Makeup Remover comes in. It's gentle but powerful, so you don't need to rub really hard at your eyes at all for the mascara to come off. I have so many samples of this lying around. It's small and travel-size, so I keep a bottle in my handbag along with some cotton buds to get rid of any smudges under my eyes. Of course you can use any other eye makeup remover, but I really love this one so far.

2. Toner

Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner


I've tried so many toners before, Shiseido, IOPE and some French brands, but this is definitely the one for me! I've just finished the 250ml bottle and I'm going to buy the 500ml bottle (2-3 weeks on ebay T_T) After finishing the bottle, I feel like my pores have been minimised and my skin has become much softer. I think it's also helped with my skin troubles as well as brightened any marks on my skin. I'm definitely sticking with this Etude House toner! The Wonder Pore line is really popular with Korean teenagers with troublesome skin as well.

3. Essence

Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence


I know the Missha Time Revolution line is anti-ageing and for older people, but I honestly feel like it's one of the best essences out there. It has really brightened and smoothed my skin and I love its effects so far. I've almost finished the bottle and I have ordered another one. The downside is that it is quite expensive compared to other toners, but for what it does to my stubbornly oily and problematic skin, I don't really mind the price. I really love it! It's just made a huge improvement to my skin.

Ddobyul Skin Therapy Plant Stem Cell Anti-Aging Solution

Maybe it's a bit weird for me to be into a lot of anti-ageing stuff, but my dream is to be one of those immortal-looking Japanese ladies! It's not too young to start using anti-ageing products now, especially when I'm turning 20 next year T_T. This one came from Memebox and I've almost used it all up. It has a great moisturising effect, and its texture is kind of slimy. I haven't noticed as great an effect on my skin as with the Missha Time Revolution Essence however, and it's much more expensive if it didn't come in a Memebox. I wouldn't recommend this one as much.

Innisfree Olive Real Essential Serum

I love the Innisfree Olive line, it's moisturising and gentle to your skin. I first purchased this on my trip to Korea in summer when I was 16, and by winter I was so grateful to have it. English weathers can be really harsh and drying to the skin, and this serum made sure my skin was super hydrated without clogging my pores. It's also really helpful after going to a swimming pool, since the chlorine in the water makes my skin gross and dry. Since it's a serum and heavier than an essence, I only tend to use this at night since no one will see my super oily and hydrated face hahaha >_<

5. Moisturisers

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturiser
This is the moisturiser I use for daytime! When you have oily skin like mine, you have to be super careful with your moisturisers. If I don't use one, my skin overproduces oil, but if I use a moisturiser that's too hydrating my face looks super oily! It's a lose-lose situation. Luckily, Shiseido's Ibuki Refining Moisturiser isn't too drying or too oily. My skin absorbs it quite easily and doesn't look as oily as it should during the day. I don't think I would repurchase this after I finish using it up though, since I think there are better alternatives out there that cost much less.


Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX



This is the only night sleep pack I have ever used! My mum told me to try it out and at first I was sceptical about how good it would be to use a heavy sleeping pack with my oily skin. It feels really cooling and hydrating on the skin however, and not at all oily at all. When I woke up, my skin genuinely felt super bouncy and glowing! I'm definitely in love with this sleeping pack and I want to try out more Laneige products. 

Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream
This is actually one of those heavy skincare creams I run away from, and probably the weirdest Memebox item. A cheese cream?! It actually stretches out like bits of stringy cheese which is pretty odd, but it smells super nice and absorbs quickly into the skin. I tend to use this one at night before the Laneige water pack, but I feel it's a bit too heavy sometimes. Definitely better for someone with dryer skin than mine. I probably won't try to repurchase this since I feel it doesn't do anything extra for my skin. It's just a rather average though gimmicky moisturiser.

6. Eye cream

Wonderuci Light Light Eye Balm

My dark eye circles are probably the thing that distresses me most about my skin right now. It's probably because I'm working later shifts but I have also had dark circles for the longest time. This brightening eye balm by WondeRuci definitely helps though! They also do other brightening products like a Kaokao brightening mask. I won't re-purchase this though, since there's quite a few other eye products I want to try.

7. Spot cream

Duac Once Daily gel
This isn't an asian beauty product at all, but it's a prescription-only acne gel cream. I had a really huge and horrible super-spot a while back and eventually went to the GP. The gp at my local clinic was a locum though, and after spilling out all of my skin woes to her, she gave me a dead-eyed look and asked "what do you want me to do?". -_-;; I work at a pharmacy and a bunch of people come in with skin-related problems and a lot of them get prescribed Duac gel, so I asked for it. The pharmacist was so confused, he kept saying I don't have acne. I BEG TO DIFFER, I scrolled through my facebook and found some photos of me from ages ago with absolutely horrible skin. 


That red face, oil-slick skin and tons of spots on my cheeks and chin >_<!!!!
 Even though my skin isn't nearly as bad now, I still get the occasional spot around that time of the month. I don't know what kind of fairy dust they put into this gel (anhydrous benzoyl peroxide as peeling agent and clindamycin, an antibiotic) but it really works. I put it on overnight on a spot and the next day, it's gone! Sometimes I get too overzealous with it and it leaves a horrible red mark on my face, so I have to be very careful with it. Less is more with this product!


8. Face Masks


I tend to go through face masks at a rate where it's not really much point discussing the ones I have now. Since my skin is much better and less acne-prone, my focus has changed to brightening and whitening masks to deal with the leftover pigmentation! I'm really looking forward to trying out the Missha Pearl Sheet Mask and the Obagi system (not a mask, but really good with brightening and skin renewal) so I'll post about those later! 

Thank you for reading my first post :) Before starting my skincare journey, I would be one of those girls who wouldn't consider leaving the house without really heavy foundation and concealer. When I stayed over with other people I even slept in my makeup because I didn't want people to see my natural face because of the acne marks and scars. Luckily earlier this year I finally realised that if I wanted to look flawless with makeup, I must have a flawless base, which led to me going super crazy and reading all about korean skincare. 


Right now I can say that I'm pleased with my skin. Nowadays I'll even go out without any foundation or bb cream on my face, instead opting for illuminating primers and just undereye concealer. It's really saved me so much time on my makeup routine and I'm so much more confident about my skin now, all thanks to knowing the right products and persevering with many skincare steps even when I'm really tired and feel horrible. Having clean and cared-for skin always helps me feel better!


Hopefully my knowledge will help people who also have skin problems like me start on the road to having glowing and youthful skin :)!



-Trina xoxo


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. really nice review about beauty product .
    korean skincare .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice blog about skin care products. I like this blog so much. If anyone want to visit Online Skincare Store then visit megasavershop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this nice post

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *