/*

The Bright Hinijini Dressing Soft Milky Cream Review

13:37

The Bright Hinijini Dressing Soft Milky Cream Review

I've been obsessing over whitening and brightening skincare in the recent months! I've been obsessing over beautiful women like Fan Bing Bing with their perfect porcelain skin and thinking how can I get it for myself (without going into full Michael Jackson mode???). 


Can we talk about how beautiful Fan Bing Bing is?

After spending a full day on a sunny Brighton beach yesterday, I'm already imagining having a million freckles on my face and my skin has probably darkened 50 shades even with SPF 50 PA +++ sunscreen. So I'm really excited to try out The Bright Hinijini Dressing Soft Milky Cream which promises to 'make your skin white and give brightening effect to your skin'. If it does what it says I'll name my firstborn after it. Hinijini Yau has a nice ring to it, don't you think?


It comes in a squeezable bottle which isn't really my favourite type of bottle. I always keep squeezing and squeezing and I feel the product still in there which always annoys me. However, the packaging is really really cute and has a sort of princess academy style which makes up for it. 






The back of the bottle and the box say that the cream contains Vitamin C and arbutin. Vitamin C is used in a lot of products in whitening (there's been so many lemon brightening products lately!) and arbutin is a popular skin lightening agent. I have arbutin face masks and I think it makes my skin look beautiful and glowing, so I'm already looking forward to trying this out.



I squeezed a little bit out onto my finger and the texture was like a thicker version of sunscreen. It was quite milky but definitely had the texture of a runny cream.


Ignore how I just came out of the shower haha

I rubbed a little bit onto my cheeks already and you can see how it makes my darker skin look quite pale.

One of the things I don't really like about this milky cream is that it is honestly pretty drying. My face felt a bit tight like I had just put on a ceramic mask and pretty chalky. That picture above is how it looks after adding a bit of serum and moisturiser. Honestly without it, the milky cream would make my skin look really patchy white and dry. I don't recommend wearing this alone if you have darker skin like mine.

Pros: 

  • Really dramatic whitening effect
  • My skin isn't as oily as it normally would be after a day at work
Cons

  • Makes skin dry and looks patchy without adding moisturiser
  • Can't wear alone because it doesn't look very natural
Overall, I actually quite like it! One of the major problems with my face is oiliness and wearing this under a CC cream means I don't have to blot my oily face at all. Instead I just look like I have nice dewy skin. I think this will definitely be part of my daily routine after the initial dryness and patchy panic. 

I would rate it 4/5 because the whitening is very immediate but also rather unnatural. However it sets the base so that if I wear a whiter CC or BB cream, it looks much less natural overall. It doesn't have that white foundation on darker face as much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *