/*

My Plastic Surgery Experience in South Korea: Day 2 Banobagi Facial Contouring and Rhinoplasty Post-Surgery: Swelling, Supplements and Vitamin C

07:51



Day 2 post-surgery

Happy Christmas Eve!
I looked super swollen today, but that was to be expected. My consultant already warned me that swelling peaks from day 2 to 3!

Here is how I looked today:


I look so swollen that my eyes can't be seen. After looking at these photos, I feel a bit sorry for myself. However one of the most important things after surgery is maintaining a good attitude, so I didn't feel bad for long. The swelling was quite bad though, so we took action!


Here are my tools:


My mum went to the pharmacy to purchase more painkillers because tomorrow is Sunday and also Christmas Day, so the pharmacy would be closed. I also asked her to check whether they had Bromelain, which is a pineapple extract which is known for its anti-inflammatory action after injury. Basically it helps reduce swelling! She came back with a huge box containing tablets, ampoules and arnica cream that can be used for 10 days. When I first requested it she was like oh no, don't take extra tablets because it might interact! The pharmacist told her it would be beneficial and wouldn't interact with the medicines and she listened to him. I'm only 2 more years from qualifying ok  😭 Listen to me as well mum~


In addition, I also started to take some Vitamin C 1000mg.





After surgery, the body is depleted of Vitamin C so it's important to replace it. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient which is an important factor in wound-healing. I bought this in Boots at Heathrow Airport and these are the effervescent tablets, so they fizz in water. The lemon and lime flavour is super refreshing! I really enjoy drinking it. Some people say you should drink it 3 times a day but to be honest, if you drink too much Vitamin C it just gets cleared from the body. I just stuck to the recommended dose of 1,000mg per day.


It fizzes up nicely like this!


This might be a TMI moment but one of the most common side effects of opioid analgesics is constipation. After general anaesthesia, a lot of people find it difficult to go to the toilet… which can lead to complications such as haemorrhoids or even faecal impaction (don't google this).
So I take this as well:




Docusate sodium! It's a stool softener and very gentle on the bowels. I don't recommend taking stimulant laxatives such as senna because it will 1) make you feel horrible 2) it will dehydrate you. I took 1 capsule 3 times a day after my prescribed medication.


Today I didn't really walk around enough because I didn't feel well at all. A lot of people say that the peak swelling period is usually day 2-3, so I'm hoping for some relief soon. With regard to my nose, it was running a lot today! I found that increasing the temperature of the air conditioning at the guest house was really helpful with drying up my nose. I find it difficult to sleep using just my jaw to breathe.


I’m really looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully my swelling isn't so bad. For today, my main symptoms were:
  • Nose running
  • Jaw ache
  • Nausea
  • I did throw up once after I had some soy milk
  • Lots and lots of swelling!

Ahh I seriously can't wait to look back at these pictures when I'm fully recovered! Day 3 and Christmas tomorrow :)

Day 3: Link Here

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. tummy tuck surgery oakland county

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *