/*

My Plastic Surgery Experience in South Korea: Day 3 Banobagi Facial Contouring and Rhinoplasty Post-Surgery: Stronger! Walking around guesthouse, talking, facial numbness

06:55


Day 3 Post-Surgery


Merry Christmas everyone~


You can really tell that my face is asymmetrical and large from my photo before surgery. It's my biggest complex 😣

Today was a Christmas miracle! I woke up feeling much stronger than I did yesterday. I took my medicine at 6 a.m and walked around the guest house after cleansing my nose and other areas.


I finally finished the gargle the clinic gave me! My mum helped me dilute 25ml of the solution in 1000ml of water. She did it very accurately but the taste feels more diluted? The antiseptic doesn't taste as strong. Gargling every 2 hours isn't that easy but I set an alarm on my phone to remind me.


I met someone at the guesthouse and she said ‘Oh! I finished that long ago’, but I explained that this was already my second batch of mouthwash. She was like ‘omg, I just threw it away, I've been using a water bottle’ and rushed back to retrieve it. Please keep your bottles guys 😂 I can’t think of a situation where I would randomly have a 1L bottle to use.







These are my pictures for day 3! I think my swelling reduced a lot compared to day 2? My eyes can see better at least because they're not as swollen. My nose also stopped running as much which was great! I still take a lot of care cleaning my nose because I don't want any infection. When I clean my nose, it's mostly clear fluid now.


From the chin tape on my face, you might see the brown marks and think that it's blood or something sinister. Don't worry, it's just my dribbling after gargling 😂 I had little control of my mouth on the first two days and I dribbled everywhere. My mum had two towels on rotation for me every time I drank water or gargled. At one point I messaged my boyfriend:  ‘I am a drooling machine’ because it was seriously everywhere. On day 3, I'm happy to report that I finally can drink water without it going everywhere!




Today I tried to take care of my lips more because they were super dry and cracked after intubation. This lip essence is from ettusais ^^ I've been using their lip essences for a few years now and it's saved my lips during dry London winters. My mum spotted some heavy-duty lip salves at the local pharmacy as well which can help.


Everything was fine until about 9 p.m. I tried to talk to my mum and realized I couldn't really open my mouth easily, only my top lip. I had to physically open my mouth with my fingers! There was a weird numbness that took over my lower jaw, mouth and nose area. Essentially it felt like my jaw had ‘locked up’ from the ice pack.


I felt a little bit scared and messaged a friend who had done jaw surgery for non-aesthetic reasons before. She was like oh it's actually really common and will go away soon. I had to ask: how soon is soon? Three months, she replied. It was too late to research about it, so I just did my best to sleep. Surely having facial numbness is better than experiencing pain. It was such a weird feeling however that it kept me up all night.


Day 3 was a roller coaster- from waking up feeling better to going to sleep with a numb face. Still, I feel like a recovered a lot!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *