/*

My Plastic Surgery Experience in South Korea: Day 7 Banobagi Facial Contouring and Rhinoplasty Post-Surgery : Finally I can shower~ Eye mask, walking around Yeoksam and a summary of my 7 days of recovery!

07:48


Day 7 Post-Surgery




It's day 7!! I finally got to wash my hair today because I had my nose and zygoma stitch removal yesterday. I honestly felt so refreshed and so much better! The selfie on the left was taken this summer. I had a huge habit of hiding my large face and square jaw with my hair… Hopefully after I deswell more, I’ll have more confidence to try different hairstyles! ^^


As you can tell from the photo, my bruises have definitely gotten less yellow thanks to the laser treatment from yesterday. My nose is still swollen at the tip! Dr Lee did warn me that it would take about 3 months, and in that time my nose would look bigger and more upturned than it should do. I can clearly tell the difference that my nostrils don't look as exposed by comparing my selfies though!


I've mostly been walking around the guesthouse but today I decided to walk to Gangnam station to help with deswelling. Unfortunately by the time I left my guesthouse it was like 4 p.m. Why? Because I spent like an hour showering! It was so lovely to finally wash my hair again that I took so long lovingly brushing it out and conditioning it. My hair is really long so it demands a lot of time to take care of it. I lost so much hair 😭


I took these pictures before showering so I’m sorry for the messy hair ^^ I honestly think my swelling has gone down quite a bit and my bruising is much better too. Deswelling treatment work! I seriously love my side profile thanks to my new nose. Although rhinoplasty felt like a minor procedure compared to facial contouring, I feel like it's made the most difference to my face. Possibly because it's in the centre of my face 😂




Comparing side profiles! The difference is huge, but I still have a lot of swelling. I think I'm the type that recovers normally/a bit slower. My plump cheeks and high nose 😂 My new side profile is pretty cute!


Wearing my face band! I put it on for about 20 minutes today instead of 10 because I didn't feel any discomfort. I want to wear it as often as I can because I have a lot of facial fat which could potentially sag after zygoma and jaw surgery. Curse you gravity!


Eye mask and ice pack at the same time?
You can't get more relaxed than this.





My mum took this selfie with me in Starbucks. I'm still getting used to how I look in pictures now.There was a bit of snow outside today- it was definitely cold enough! It's so nice to get out and walk around. In winter it's also not weird to have a mask on to protect your face from the wind, compared to like summer where you would stand out a bit.


I would definitely recommend the walk from Yeoksam to Gangnam for deswelling. It was only about 10-15 minutes and there was lots to see on the way. Gangnam station also has lots of underground shopping and food stalls to drool over. I couldn't eat anything but I did discover a hidden gem:




A smoothie stand called Juicy! It was really affordable and delicious, I highly recommend it. If you go to the central food area, it's next to a coffee shop ^^


Recovery overview
I've gone from hospital bed to shopping in Gangnam in the first 7 days after surgery. I feel like it's been a really long 7 days!







Looking back at these photos, I feel like I’ve come really far in just 7 days. I think I can judge my deswelling progress based on how far my eyes manage to open 😂


The toughest part of the process was definitely the first few days. The first night after surgery was quite difficult but I feel stronger after overcoming it ^^ Making myself walk and get up to gargle and learning how to change the ice pack myself- I feel proud that I am recovering well.


The changes are starting to slow down already day by day, so I’ll carry on taking pictures but post a few times a week. There is definitely a long journey ahead with stitch removal still to come and more deswelling, so I will have a lot of updates! I'm excited to share my results with everyone <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *