/*

My Plastic Surgery Experience in South Korea: Day 5 Banobagi Facial Contouring and Rhinoplasty Post- Surgery: Taking off face tape after facial contouring, cleaning incisions and pumpkin juice!

07:39




Day 5 Post- Surgery

Today was the day I took off my face tape! To be honest, l was meant to take it off on Day 3. Please read the post-operative instructions carefully guys 😭 My new friend in the guesthouse advised me to ask my consultant, so I double-checked with Irene and she said it was fine. Warm water and oil can be used to help remove the glue from the tape. By day 5 the tape was already starting to come off by itself already, so I just absent-mindedly peeled off one side until the chin, peeled off the other side then gently pulled the tape from my chin.

Ta-da!

The brown stain you can see in the middle of the bandage is actually because of the brown-coloured mouthwash! It's not blood or anything like that. There's no wound on my chin itself. On the first few days, I was pretty bad at gargling because I couldn't really control my jaw and cheek muscles. The gargle leaked out a lot, leaving this stain. I’m happy to report that I am no longer a drooling machine.

My mum is helping me to plait my hair ^^ It’s been 5 days since I’ve washed my hair and face… I don't suffer any discomfort from it but this is probably the most gross I’ve felt for a while.

Here we go! My bruising still doesn't look great today, so I tried using some arnica cream and was careful not to let it get into my eyes.

The slight red discoloration in my sclera is called subconjunctival haemorrhage, which basically means there’s a broken blood vessel in my eye. Interestingly, it has taken on the shape of a small isosceles triangle. I can’t wear contact lenses until after it heals so I hope it goes soon~ usually it takes up to 2 weeks.

Cleaning my incisions~ Cleaning with dilute hydrogen peroxide solution to prevent infection is important. I clean the inside of my nose and behind my right ear 10x a day, and the other areas 3x a day.





A closeup on the small incision next to my ear! This was for my zygoma procedure, look at how small it is! My mum was scrutinising it closely and praising the doctor for his tiny and neat sutures. It's also skillfully hidden in my hair so when it heals, it won't look obvious at all.








The incision behind my ear is quite a bit bigger as Dr. Lee needed to use my ear cartilage for tiplasty. Honestly though it's behind my ear, no one can see and I'm not bothered by it.

I do try and clean it more often and apply ointment because it's larger than the other incisions. It's only to be expected because a lot of cartilage was probably needed for my nose- it was so small and short before!




Using ice pack to help with deswelling!
My jaw also aches sometimes and the ice pack really helps.

What’s this?! 😱 it's my dinner! My medicine should be taken after a meal, so I try to eat well beforehand. I’ve never really been exposed to pumpkins beyond Halloween decorations, so I couldn't get used to eating it. Everyone else I know doesn't mind it and I always see pumpkin porridge in food stalls in Seoul. I didn't want to miss out on the amazing healing properties of pumpkin though, so my mum came up with this idea:

  1. Mash the pumpkin porridge thoroughly to make sure there aren't any solid products that will cause choking.
  2. In another cup, pour some juice (we chose aloe vera) and add a few spoonfuls of pumpkin porridge
  3. Mix thoroughly until it becomes a drink

It's seriously delicious guys We’ve tried it with apple juice and it works well! This was basically my meal everyday along with the soy milk. Please try it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *