/*

Beauty Review: Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette - Seductive Beauty

14:23


Do I look like a 'seductive beauty'? lol 

I've been dying to try out Charlotte Tilbury's 'Instant Look In a Palette' since Natural Beauty came out. I never committed to buying it, no matter how lovely the model looked: 
charlottetilbury.com

**She is so pretty!!** I checked out the palette IRL and felt that the eyeshadow shades looked a bit chalky, especially the shade 1 eye brighten:
charlottetilbury.com
Maybe I'll get the other palette one day and compare the two. But for now, I'm super happy with the Seductive Beauty edition. I've always wanted this palette because I am super lazy about lugging around makeup with me, especially when I'm staying at my parent's or boyfriend's place for a few nights. It's so easy to just pop this in my backpack with a few brushes and be ready to go.



charlottetilbury.com

The photo from the website vs my own photo:

 
The colours are so lovely! It's definitely more dramatic than the natural beauty palette, but nothing too crazy. I'm glad I waited for this version~ 

The eyeshadows are super buttery. Step 1 eye brighten didn't really show up on my eyelids without primer, but step 2 and 3 were very pigmented. I'm always a bit wary about silver eyeshadows, but the 'enhance' shade really did make my eyes pop ^^ The eyeshadow shades were all a bit shimmery but blended well, with no fallout. I think I prefer 'seductive beauty' over 'natural beauty' purely because the eyeshadows are more shimmery. I'm not a fan of matte eyeshadows- why do I own the tartelette matte palette again?!



This is how I looked with eyebrows, concealer, bb cream and just the palette eyeshadow, bronze, blush and highlighter. I have to say that the bronzer was super super pigmented. I was super shocked when I whacked it on and it was just this... brown stripe across my face. I blended it out so much and it gave my face a really lovely warm glow.

 
Not looking at the camera, but loving the cute blush! I actually have the Charlotte Tilbury cheek to chic blush in shade 'ecstasy' on the way and I'm pretty excited to try it out as well. I used the highlight shade on the inner corner on my eyes and to give me some aegyo sal/tearbags.

Finished look~ I added eyeliner, mascara and lip tint. I even made a crappy youtube video on what I used for the look lmao. I was too lazy to edit properly on my macbook >< I'm also too shy to add a voiceover, maybe when I buy a better mic.



Products in order-
Skincare prep:
1. Skinfood Avocado Toner
2. Skinfood Black Sugar Serum
3. Laneige Watery Emulsion
4. Philosophy's micromist spray

Base:
5. Holika Holika Petit Jelly BB cream
6. A'PIEU concealer in shade 5
7. Laura Mercier Translucent powder (holy grail omg)

I had to blend it with my hands bc I managed to lose my beauty blender?! How does that even happen fml.

Charlotte Tilbury Palette:
Sweeping shade 1 eye brighten from the inner corner to the middle of the lid, followed by shade 2 onto the middle-outer part of the eye. I used shade 3 on the outer corner of the eye on the crease and blended it down onto my lower eyelid. I tried using shade 1 to highlight my tearbag but it was kind of useless, so I used the highlighter instead for extra impact.
In the video you can see the bronzer was dark af, like I did not know what to do with it so I blended it out. The cheek blushes were super super cute and really wearable. Two shades of blush! The swish and pop really works. And of course, the highlight powder was very fine.

After checking my look out in the mirror, I finally understand what people mean when they say the powder is 'finely milled'- everything looked so polished. The difference with high-end makeup is that it blends so naturally into the skin with the base. It never looks jarring.

Extreme closeup of my face hahaha


Overall, this palette was such a good purchase ^^ I really recommend it and I'm pretty picky about buying palettes these days after overdosing on Naked 2, 3, smoky and the ABH glow kits. If you're looking for an all-in-one, there simply isn't a better palette out there. 9/10 because the shade 1 is kind of useless on me.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *